A Better Alternative to HVAC SEO
When it comes to running a successful HVAC business, online advertising is a necessity. You need to get customers’ eyes on your business, and the best way to do that is through Google. While HVAC SEO is an absolute must, it must be paired with pay-per-click campaigns for optimal results.
In this post, we will discuss how to perform keyword research for SEO, how to use your keywords in your content, why pay-per-click is a better option for getting eyes on your website, and how the two synergize to help your business.
How HVAC SEO Works for Your Businesses
Did you know that the number one result gets 32% of clicks on average? Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an essential part of running any business with a website. The higher up the rank you are, the more visitors your website will get.
This process begins with proper keyword research. Ranking on Google can be extremely competitive if you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Logic would dictate that you should attempt to rank for the keyword “HVAC”, this keyword may not be the best one to target.
- While it sees up to 1 million searches a month, it’s a very competitive keyword. This high amount of competition would make it difficult to rank for that keyword.
- There may be other keywords that are more intent-focused such as, “HVAC services” or “HVAC companies”.
Using Google Keyword Planner and other tools is an absolute must, you can find less competitive keywords with a high volume of monthly searches.
- 92% of search queries are longtail keywords. Use longtail keywords with your geographic info to narrow down your search pool.
- If your business is based in Florida, there’s not much purpose to drawing attention from a prospect in North Carolina whose AC just stopped working.
- Utilize your location in your keywords. For example, try to rank for “Best HVAC Repair in Miami” to target your market and separate yourself from the pack.
Once you’ve decided on the keywords you want to rank for, it’s time to get to work. You can distribute the keyword through your site’s content in order to help it rank. Blogs are an excellent tool for this, they provide the opportunity to rank for several different keywords, optimizing your rankings.
It’s important to use your keywords in specific places to make sure you rank:
- In the title and some subtitles of your post
- In the Meta Title and Meta Description
- Most importantly, within the first paragraph
- Throughout the body of your text
- In the alternative text (Alt text) for images and visual content.
Keyword research and use is just the tip of the iceberg as there are various other off-page SEO tactics you should be implementing. One of these is backlinking. There are three types of backlinks.
- Natural links: Links on other sites not provided by the page owner, for example, someone linking to this blog about HVAC SEO on their own site.
- Manually Built Links: Having customers and Influencers share your links.
- Self-Created Links: adding a backlink in an online directory, forum, blog signature, or a press release with optimized text.
There are more avenues than ever to create banklinking opportunities now in the age of social media marketing, Reddit, forums, and influencers, guest blogs are also a very good option. Now more than ever you have no shortage of ways to utilize off-site SEO. Knowing this, let’s look at some of the alternatives.
Utilizing Pay-Per-Click to Dominate Search Engines
While SEO is an important part of running your business online and comes with the advantage of being free outside of cost of labor, it’s not enough for your business to thrive on its own. SEO can also take months to produce results. HVAC SEO is especially competitive. As a result, you need to utilize Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads to stay at the top of the game.
Google prioritizes PPC ads, showing them ahead of ALL organic search results.
We prioritize PPC because it puts you at an advantage. It gives your company immediate entry to the market, while HVAC SEO can take a long time to pay dividends. You will get your website in front of customers a lot faster. Your content will be placed at the top of Google’s search results immediately.
This is what your call campaign will look like on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
Another reason we prefer Google ads, it allows you to create several different kinds of campaigns, each effective in their own way.
- We find Call Campaigns to be especially effective. These put what’s known as a Call Tracking Number that re-routes to your business at the top of Google’s results.
- Your business will convert queries to calls immediately. They also allow you to track calls from your ad, so you can follow its efficacy.
Every online business should have a landing page built to drive conversions!
Another important aspect of your ads is making sure that they take the user to a landing page. These are pages independent of your website that prominently feature a Call-To-Action (CTA) and are designed specifically for conversion.
- This could be a “Call Now” button or a form the user fills out to submit their information to your business.
- You can get eyes on a blog post through organic SEO, but if the user’s journey doesn’t end in conversion, it’s all for naught.
It’s important to consider budget when implementing PPC advertising, especially in the HVAC Industry. Keywords are expensive and you should have someone who knows their way around the game for best results. It’s best to leave that to the experts.
How Pay-Per-Click works with SEO
PPC and SEO go hand-in-hand in creating a successful ad strategy.
- Dominate SERPs: Both are keyword-based and allow you to take up more space in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). If someone sess your website as both and ad and a top-ranking result, they are extremely likely to click into it. This creates elevated brand awareness.
- Achieve Keyword Symbiosis: There’s an element of synergy with keyword management for SEO and PPC ads. You can see which target keywords are performing well in your ads and begin utilizing them on the organic side. The opposite can also be true.
- Re-Target Your Audience: Pay-Per-Click advertising is also incredibly effective at retargeting people who have already been on your site. If you get a click due to organic traffic, and they venture out of your website, you will re-target them with PPC ads. As mentioned above, these will also take them to a specific landing page tailored for conversions.
Take over the local Market with Pacific54
Pacific54 has all the services to help your business grow. Through years of expertise we have crafted a marketing system that yields conversions for all of our clients. We take all the work out of keyword research for you, planning an HVAC SEO campaign that works and optimizing your PPC Ads to get more calls.
Contact P54 today to take over Google’s search results.