The Perks of Paid Verification on Social Media For Your Business
The infamous blue checkmark has become a hot topic of late. With Elon Musk taking verification to a paid perk over at Twitter Blue and Mark Zuckerberg following suit with Meta Verified, social media verification is no longer reserved for public figures. So should you invest in paid verification for your social media accounts? What’s the benefit of the blue check? Should you choose to get verified, which subscription should you pay for? Here’s a look at verification on social media in 2023.
What’s The Verification Process?
Getting Verified on Twitter Blue
Twitter Blue is a subscription-based service that offers exclusive features to its members, including access to a dedicated customer support team, an undo tweet feature, and a clutter-free reading experience. Twitter Blue also offers a verification badge to its subscribers, which confirms their identity and helps them stand out on the platform. Twitter Blue subscriptions are paid monthly or annually, with localized pricing starting at $8/month or $84/year.
Here are some steps you can take to getting verified on Twitter Blue:
- Apply for Twitter Blue: The first step to getting verified on Twitter Blue is subscribing to the service. You can do this by going to your account settings and selecting the “Twitter Blue” option.
- Please update your profile: Make sure you have a complete and up-to-date profile. This includes adding a profile picture, header image, bio, location, and website link. Make sure your bio accurately reflects your identity and profession.
- Provide additional information: Twitter may ask for additional information to verify your identity, such as a government-issued ID or a utility bill. Make sure you have these documents ready and provide them promptly if requested.
It’s worth noting that public figures with over a million followers still get the blue check for free, as a recent update to the model.
How to get Instagram Verification
To subscribe to Meta Verified; you must submit your account for verification to ensure you meet Meta’s eligibility criteria. The verification process can take up to 48 hours. This may take longer in some instances due to high volumes of submissions. Meta Verification costs $14.99/month for verification on the Facebook or Instagram app.
- When you begin the verification request process for a Meta Verified account, you can’t change your username, profile photo, date of birth, or profile name on the profile for which you apply.
- Your subscription may be canceled if you don’t submit your information within three days.
- If you use false or misleading information during the verification check process, your verified badge may be disabled, and they may take additional action against your Instagram account.
Benefits of Verification
Paid social media verification for businesses can offer several benefits, including:
- Increased social proof: Having a verified account on social media platforms can lend credibility to your business and increase trust among your audience.
- Boosted brand visibility: Verified accounts often appear higher in search results, making it easier for potential customers to find and follow your business.
- Enhanced content distribution: Verified users often have access to additional features, such as advanced analytics and content distribution tools, that can help improve the reach and engagement of your content.
- Increased customer engagement: Verified users can interact with their audience in new ways, such as hosting Q&A sessions or offering exclusive content to subscribers.
- Improved customer service: Verified accounts often receive priority support and customer service, which can help address issues more quickly and efficiently.
- Reduced security concerns: Verification can help protect your business from impersonators and fraudsters who may attempt to use your brand to scam customers.
- Intentional advertising: Verification can give companies more control over their advertising campaigns by helping to ensure that their ads are delivered to the right audience.
- Increased credibility for content creators: Verification can help content creators establish themselves as authoritative voices in their respective industries and build their brands.
- Enhanced monetization opportunities: Verified accounts may have access to additional monetization features, such as subscription services and sponsored content opportunities.
- Improved business partnerships: Verification can help businesses establish themselves as reliable and trustworthy partners, leading to new business opportunities and partnerships.
Is Paid Verification Right For Your Business?
In the current digital age, social media has become essential for businesses to engage with their target audience and promote their products or services. As a result, having a verified social media account has become increasingly important. Verification can help businesses establish credibility, improve brand awareness, and access additional features that can enhance their social media presence. However, the question of whether or not to invest in paid social media verification is a more complicated one.
In the case of Instagram, it is generally a good idea to pursue verification. The process involves providing evidence that you are a legitimate business or individual. If you meet the eligibility criteria, verification can provide several benefits, such as increased social proof, better brand visibility, and access to additional features that can help improve your content distribution and audience engagement.
On the other hand, Twitter’s launch of Twitter Blue paid verification service has been an abject nightmare. While some businesses may be tempted to invest in paid Twitter verification, there are several reasons why it may be a bad idea.
Paid Twitter verification does not guarantee any additional benefits. Unlike Instagram, where verification can provide access to additional tools and features, paid Twitter verification does not offer such benefits. In fact, Twitter has stated that the verification badge is merely a symbol of authenticity and does not indicate any special status or access to features at the moment.
Paid Twitter verification may provide little benefits in terms of social proof or credibility. Unlike Instagram, where verification can visually symbolize credibility, Twitter’s verification badge is relatively small and not as visible. Furthermore, given the relatively low rate of verified accounts on Twitter, and the high volume of verified accounts with under 1000 followers, it may not be a significant differentiator for businesses. Twitter has also been a historically hostile brand environment, making the investment seem even less appealing.
Build Your Social Media Strategy with Pacific54
Paid social media verification can provide significant benefits to businesses looking to establish credibility and increase their social media presence. While Instagram and Facebook offer free verification options, paid verification can provide additional features, such as access to monetization opportunities and advanced analytics tools. Additionally, having a verified social media account can enhance your brand’s visibility and improve your audience’s trust in your business.
As a leading digital marketing agency, Pacific54 can help you build an effective social media strategy that includes paid verification as part of your overall marketing plan. Our experienced social media specialists can guide you through the verification process, help you leverage the additional features that come with verification, and create a tailored social media strategy that meets your unique business goals and objectives.
So, if you’re ready to take your social media presence to the next level, contact Pacific54 today to learn more about how we can help you achieve your social media goals. Let’s work together to build a strong, credible, and engaging social media presence that enables you to reach your target audience and grow your business.